Reaching a goal

There is some satisfaction on reaching a goal. However small. Having conquered one small thing it’s time to go for the next one, and the next one after that… It has felt like that trying to build up this website. If I was going to choose a wysiwyg website builder again, I would NEVER use this one ever again! My license runs out next May… until then I’m determined to make it work! Albeit with the 80/20 rule!

Don’t know that one? Look it up. Also known as the Pareto Principle. However, I’m going to use it in this context – if 80% of my website looks according to how I want it, I will let go of the other 20%.

Incidentally, this can apply to a lot of things. The Principle is that 80% of results come from 20% of the effort. But I like to think it applies to more. I can also turn it on its head. In the case of this website so far 80% of effort has gone into getting 20% of the results. If you’re still with me, think about it! – The Mage



error: Content is protected !!